Intellectual property is like most other assets you have. It may be sold, transferred, assigned and licensed to others. When your intellectual property is involved in these transactions, there are always legal concerns and documentation requirements that need to be considered. Aumento IP can help you in dealing with all matters related to licensing, franchising and technology transfer transactions concerning your intellectual property.
Our lawyers can draw up and review agreements involving intellectual property rights including deeds of assignment, trademark license agreements, copyright license agreements, technology transfer agreements and franchising agreements and have them recorded with the appropriate bureau of the Intellectual Property Office.
Drafting and Review of Contracts and Agreements involving IPRs
Our experienced legal counsels can assist your business in drawing up agreements involving your intellectual property rights and making sure that these agreements comply with the mandatory provisions and requirements set out in the Philippine Intellectual Property Code. Having your contracts reviewed by experienced intellectual property professionals is essential to ensure the validity and enforceability of each provision therein. Further, our lawyers can give valuable advice that will help you avoid difficulties later on.
Recordal of Agreements with the IPO
Most agreements involving intellectual property rights must be recorded with the appropriate bureau of the Intellectual Property Office. We assist clients in having these agreements recorded with the Intellectual Property Office and also seek exemptions from the mandatory provisions relating to taxes, arbitration clauses and access to techniques and technology.
Summary of Services on Licensing, Franchising and Technology Transfer
- Drafting of Licensing, Franchising and Technology Transfer Agreements
- Review of agreements and contracts involving intellectual property rights
- Recordal of Licensing, Franchise and Technology Transfer Agreements with the Documentation, Information and Technology Transfer Bureau of the Intellectual Property Office
- Recordal of changes in the ownership or title of trademarks, copyrighted works and patents with the Bureau of Trademarks, Bureau of Copyright and Related Rights and Bureau of Patents of the Intellectual Property Office
- Due diligence work involving intellectual property rights